Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

APPLE FARM BAKERY & DINER - TUCSON, AZ



This restaurant opened in the space vacated by another 50's style diner. Its on mall property but not in the mall which means it will probably be less busy; certainly the diner that used to be there was never crowded. However, the good thing is that Apple Farm so far has satisfied me unlike the former place.

I ate there with Chris who was  my usual dining partner at the previous eatery incarnation. The look and decorations including the pictures of old cars and movie stars of the past (oh, except for a big picture of james dean that used to be by the bathrooms) remain.

The prices are fairly reasonable and the menu is large. they serve breakfast all day. I had a vegetable and sausage omelet with country potatoes and a  biscuit. Chris got hashed brown potatoes which she liked. All the food was tasty and hot and i especially liked the biscuit which was  warm and soft but had a crunchy exterior and the very friendly and efficient waitress brought me extra butter. They only have 2 choices for jelly; rhubarb and apple (naturally since this is the apple farm diner; in fact, there was lots of apple related items plus menu descriptions). I liked the rhubarb better since the apple was too sweet.

I will be back for another meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment